Submitted Post via: RBNYUK
The first player on this list will be no surprise to anyone who’s watched MLS so far this season, as Caden Clark is my first pick. The 18-year-old has taken MLS by storm and is recently back from a minor operation. The Minnesota native will link up with former RBNY coach, Jesse Marsch, in January, but hopefully, he will score a few more goals for us first.
The next player is the Young Polish Designated Player, Patryk Klimala. Klimala joined the Red Bulls for $5.5 million from Celtic on April 22, 2021. He has 3 goals and 4 assists in 11 games.
With such a shortage of fit center-backs, Tom Edwards, on loan from Stoke City, has stepped up to play in the heart of the defense and played through cramp in the last game against D.C. United.
The Englishman has impressed in his short time at Red Bull Arena and many fans hope RBNY can keep him going forward.
The Red Bulls lost their previous game against D.C. United in the Atlantic Cup, 1-0 at Audi Field.
Before this defeat, you must go all the way back to June 23rd for the last RBNY defeat, where they fell 3-1 to New England Revolution on the road at Gillette Stadium. In fact, since May 23, RBNY have only lost two games.
Andrew Gutman and Sean Nealis are questionable for the game against the Revs, however, Gutman did make the bench at Audi Field.
Aaron Long, Youba Diarra, Daniel Royer, and Andres Reyes, will not be available for the game. Long, a 2018 Defender of the Year in MLS, suffered a season-ending injury against Philadelphia on May 15.
Facts You May Not Know
- The Red Bulls are looking to defend a five-game home unbeaten streak at Red Bull Arena. They have outscored their opponents 9-2 in this streak.
- The MetroStars, which the Red Bulls were known as between 1996 and 2006, were named after MetroMedia, a company owned by original owner John Kluge.
- Before Kluge decided to name it after MetroMedia, he and Stuart Subotnick, the other original owner, considered buying the rights to name Cosmos; they didn’t.
- The Red Bulls won their first trophy in 2013. 18 years after beginning play in 1996, they were the last charter club to win a major trophy.
- Caden Clark scored on his MLS debut against Atlanta United.
Featured Image: MLS